Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Rejection.


Well, let's face it.  It's something we all deal with at one point or another in our lifetimes.  That's right I'm talking about rejection.  At this point in my life, it seems like every which way I turn, rejection is standing there waiting to knock me off my high horse. From college acceptances, to job interviews, there it is! Ready to take you down just when you start feeling good about things!

The main reason I'm writing this post is because I recently just had yet another encounter with rejection.  Often times rejection leads us to feel shame and embarrassment.  I'm not sure if this is just a natural instinct we have within ourselves or if society has taught us to feel this way when admitting it to others or even ourselves. 

Ultimately I feel rejection is nothing to be ashamed of.  Rejection simply puts us on the track we are supposed to be on.  The track that will be most beneficial for ourselves.  I'll admit, at first this was not my mind set.  I was just like any other angry, rejected person asking myself, "what did I do wrong?" or "I can guarantee I was a way better fit for that spot than any other girl."  After letting it sit for a while I came to the conclusion, that it's probably for the best that I didn't get that spot.  Now I have the ability focus on bettering myself in the circumstances I am in and even forcing myself to step out of my comfort zone and take risks I may have not taken if I had been given that spot that I've been sulking over.

All in all, rejection can be good!  Focus on that the next time you don't get the position you wanted at work or didn't get into that dream school you were hoping for.  

As always, I sign off with a big thank you if you have read this far!
-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com